I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for the National Sleep Foundation. I received a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
Sleep, oh sweet sleep! Oh, how I love sleep! If you’ve followed me a few years ago you might remember when I told you about my hypersomnia. I’ve recently been diagnosed with narcolepsy since I have cataplexy in addition to my extreme sleepiness. Sleep is a serious matter in my home. I have the desire to sleep all the time so a good night’s sleep is essential for me.
Both of my kids are great sleepers and they love their sleep routines. They both take great naps and I couldn’t be more thankful for that! My husband on the other hand, doesn’t sleep so well. He goes to bed tired and tosses and turns for hours he says.
My kids sleep 12 hours at night and my husband and I aim to sleep 7-8 a night. My ideal night would be 12 hours but I know that’s not going to happen. I’m working to getting 9 hours though! I dream (ha!) of going to bed sleepy and waking rested….and an occasional afternoon nap.
BeyondTired.org knows people are struggling to get the rest they need and their website is a great resource for people who suffer from insomnia! There are many videos and articles full of tips to help you fall asleep and stay asleep. Plus, there is also a FAQ page to learn more about insomnia and how to deal with it.
5 Tips for Getting More Sleep
Here are a few things I try to do to sleep better each night.
- 1) Relax before bed. No screen time. Read, take a bath, or talk to your family.
- 2) Store your cell phone or devices in another room. If it’s the only phone in your room consider storing it across the room.
- 3) Don’t drink a lot before bed!
- 4) Avoid caffeine late in the evening.
- 5) I’m a big fan of white noise machines. I absolutely adore the Dohm brand, both of my kid’s have one in their rooms and my husband wants one for ours!
Do you wish you slept better at night?