- 1. Today when Facebook was down, I felt lost. Abandoned. Lonely. ha. Okay, it wasn’t that extreme but it did make me stop and think about how many relationships I hold on Facebook. I went to converse with a blogging friend in a Facebook group we share when I noticed it was down. I went to message my husband on Facebook to see if it was down for him. Yea, not so smart. I message him on google hangout while I headed back to Facebook to check in another group I’m in and see if Facebook is down for them too. It was shocking to see how quickly I turned to Facebook and how I didn’t know what to do when it was gone. What did I do? I went to Twitter to make sure it wasn’t just my account. I tweeted my “Is #Facebookdown for everyone or just me?” tweet. #Facebookdown wasn’t trending yet but after a quick hashtag search I found I wasn’t alone….and that I wasn’t the first one to use the hashtag #Facebook down. Maybe one day I’ll start my own hashtag but today isn’t that day. Hopefully Facebook will come back soon but in the mean time, I’ll continue to share with you 5 things about my week. 1 down, 4 to go.
- 2. My daughter was going to sing in church on Sunday so we brought our son with us to hear his big sister before we took him back to nursery. I snapped a quick pic before it started because I can’t believe how big he has grown. Seeing him sitting there with his daddy looking all grown up gave me waves of different emotions. Oh, how I do wish I could slow down time sometimes.
- 3. I didn’t manage to get a good picture but my daughter sang beautifully. : ) What can I say? I’m a proud mom. I’m thankful that she has much more confidence than I did at her age. It would have taken a lot of coaxing and prep work for me to be on a stage when I was her age but she found out yesterday that she would be singing an hour later.
- 4. One of my posts over at Embracing Homemaking has gone viral. The post 200 Things to Throw Away has had upwards of 45,000 visitors a day. A day! That’s very humbling. Humbling that that many people want to read my words. Well, some of them have left nasty comments but still, many people enjoyed reading an article that I wrote. I really don’t have the words to describe my appreciation and gratitude for that opportunity.
- 5. We had a fun time this past week playing at the playground together. My daughter asked if she could go “play at the ground” and it took me a minute to figure out what she was asking. 🙂 It was a beautiful day and a great idea. We had a blast playing at the ground. 🙂
I hope you had a wonderful week and relaxing weekend! What do you have planned for this week?