In our busy lives, we are quickly rushing about, keeping the house, meeting deadlines, looking after husbands, children and pets, it can be easy to forget the one person who may need the most care – you. If you’re frustrated with your lack of time, worry not.
Here are 10 things you can do to pamper yourself in only 10 minutes:
1. Get your body moving. Shake, twist, and dance around. You will probably have to force yourself to do this at first but before long you’ll enjoy letting loose. Dance to your favorite music or just the music in your head. Your mood will instantly be lifted and you’ll even get a little exercise in to boot!
2. Write a friend. Hand writing a letter is a great way to unwind, share your thoughts and touch someone’s life. You will feel better for making the effort to stay connected and they will love receiving a hand written note in the mail!
3. Have a cup. Enjoy a cup of hot tea or coffee and a dessert (if you want to indulge). Enjoy your treat in quiet time for 10 minutes and at the end you’ll feel pampered and as good as new!
4. Read a passage you love. I’ve found that, no matter what kind of mood I’m in, reading a portion of Scripture can help lift my attitude and help me to focus on what’s really important.
5. Snap a few photos. As your creative side kicks in your mind will temporarily be off your to-do list. Grab your camera or phone and take a few creative shots of what’s around you. Admire your shots before returning back to work.
6. Mini home facial. Put on your favorite feel-good music. Exfoliate your skin, apply a face mask, and either follow idea 1 – get your body moving or you could put a slice of cool cucumber over your eyes and lay down for 5 minutes. After your 5 minutes is up rinse and apply a moisturizer. Fresh and smooth skin will not only make you feel better but look better too!
7. Call someone. Is there a dear friend who you haven’t talked to in a while or is there someone you know who could use an encouraging word? Every time we give to others, even of our time, we feel uplifted. Make it a habit to contribute to others lives and you will be blessed in return!
8. Make a list. Sometimes writing out a to-do list can be comforting! It saves our brain from working over-time to remember everything. If you already have a to-do list make a “fun” to-do list. It could include places you would like to visit, activities you would like to do with the kids, etc.
9. Journal. Write down things in your life that are going right. Reflect on the sweet bouquet of dandelions you received this morning from your kids or how your husband got up before you and made you breakfast. This can be an encouraging book to write and a sweet book to look back on later.
10. Take a break. If you are one of the many people who don’t get enough sleep at night a power nap may be just what you need to give yourself a boost of energy! Allow yourself to rest and relax for a few minutes (even if you don’t sleep) and you get up feeling rejuvenated.
These are my 10 tips for pampering yourself but I would love to hear what ideas you have. Please feel free to share with us in the comments!