I have talked about Light Bladder Leakage (LBL) on the blog before, and I think it’s something that warrants further discussion considering the numerous people who private messaged me or emailed me saying how helpful my honest discussion was for them. Considering one in three women experience LBL at some point in their lives it’s no wonder women are looking for answers. Thirty-five miiiillllion women experience SUI (stress urinary incontinence) which can be triggered by everyday occurrences like coughing, sneezing, laughing, lifting, or even exercise. 35 million, wow!
Here are some handy dandy
don’t pee your pants light bladder leakage tips:
- Try out the new Poise Impressa which is designed to help stop leaks before they happen!
- Do your Kegals! Seriously, do it. Put post it notes around the house with smiley faces on them to remind you. You’ll never look at a smiley face the same way again will you? 🙂
- Poise products are great to have on hand in the mean time while you’re strengthening those muscles. Coping with accidents is much easier if you have the right tools for the job, says Wendy Fries of WebMD.
- Stay hydrated. Dehydration can cause constipation, and constipation can contribute to bladder leakage for some women. (source: LiveConfidently.com)
- Take time to go to the bathroom more often. Set a timer until you get in the habit of going more frequently.
- Limit your caffeine if at all possible. It’s a natural diuretic so only drink it if you’ll be near a bathroom.
Thank you to Poise for sponsoring this post!