Do you have a giving heart or would you like to cultivate one? Then join me in the 30 Day Giving Challenge!
I’ve participated in this challenge for the past three years and each year it blesses me in unspeakable ways!
Here’s the deal:
The challenge is to give something to someone everyday in November. The gifts can be anything given to anyone…money, food, old clothes, crafts, your time, or even kind words. I would love to have my readers join me in this challenge. The way I see it, even if I don’t give something every single day it will probably would still be more than I normally would have given any other month…and that’s worth it, right?
There is a team of ten bloggers who will continually be providing giving ideas, inspiration, and other tools to help you give like you’ve never given before! You can stay up-to-date by following the 30 Day Giving Challenge on Facebook, Twitter, BlogFrog Community & new this year, Pinterest. You can also use these networking tools to connect with other participants, get ideas, ask questions, and grow in your faith. You can follow my giving progress here on Embracing Beauty.
Here are some of the gift ideas I’ve came up with so far:
- donate can goods to a local food pantry
- donate new toys in your gift drawer or closet to Toys for Tots
- make and deliver a meal to a grieving family or a family with a sick loved one
- donate a couple of hours of free babysitting for new parents
- rake up the leaves in an elderly friend’s house
- clean out your closets to donate to GoodWill or the Salvation Army
- give few more dollars in the plate at church
- prepare a gift for those new to the neighborhood
- send a letter and a box of non-perishable goodies to a soldier
- have the kids make and mail cards to missionaries
- put together a shoebox (or more) for Operation Christmas Child
For more information, visit 30DayGivingChallenge.org.
So what do you say, are you up for the challenge?