Nielsen Homescan has opened up new opportunities in hundreds of new zip codes nationwide. Go here to Nielsen Homescan to fill out a brief survey to see if you’re one of the lucky ones who qualify. If you do, you’ll be sent a scanner and you’ll earn points for recording your store purchases. With each shopping trip you scan items you’ll earn more points that are redeemable from their huge gift catalog. Some readers have reported earning steam mops, coffee makers, toys, jewelry, health and wellness items and various kitchen appliances but reward items may change at any time.
Here are a few of the details:
- It’s absolutely free to join! If you ever decide to stop participating, you’ll have a postage paid envelope to return the scanner. You are never obligated to participate.
- Scanner comes with USB cable, instruction manual and installation disc. Once you’ve installed the disc and followed the simple set up directions you’re ready to get going.
- Keep the scanner handy to scan your purchases as you bring them in the house.
- Once a week, hook your scanner up to the computer using the USB cable. The data will automatically be uploaded. Voila! It’s that simple!
- I’ve heard that you could expect to spend 30-45 minutes on average PER MONTH scanning items and uploading data.
- You’ll earn 3,000-6,000 points on average per month which obviously depends on how much shopping you do. Gift catalog items start at around 9,000 points.
If you’ve participated in the Nielsen Homescan program I would love to hear your thoughts!