Because of TLC’s show, Extreme Couponing, I have received several emails asking me how they can personally implement those techniques in their lives. Most people share that they would love to save so much but they don’t know how and they don’t want it to spend so much time on it that it become a second job. I’ve taught coupon classes and I would love to make a step by step online coupon guide to help everyone along the way.
In the meantime, you can begin maximizing your savings by implementing the following simple frugal tips:
- Make a shopping list of products that your family actually uses and avoid those eye-catching, end of isle products
- Make a wish list of the things you want to buy from the money you’ll save. Do you want to save for a vacation, your child’s college fund, or get out of debt? It’s doable!
- Pay attention to your store’s circulars
- Sign up for your store’s frequent shopper discount card & see if they have ecoupons that you can download to your card
- Understand unit pricing
- Subscribe to my blog for regular money-saving tips and advice
- And finally, visit other online-saving websites