Straight from the owner, Christie Love, “ I chose to pursue my dream career in professional organizing because I believe it is the best way to share my God given talents and abilities with others. I’ve always had a knack and a love for planning and organizing spaces and rooms as well as scheduling and managing time. One of my favorite quotes is by the British writer, Katherine Whithorn, “Find out what you like doing best and get others to pay you for it.” This quote is what inspired me to start Simple Organized Sanity in January 2009.”
Meal Planning Tips
1. Plan one or two weeks at a time with your coupons in mind.
2. Write your grocery list at the same time as your menu.
3. Schedule days for certain kind of meals, foods, or who cooks.
Quick tips for planning healthy meals
1. Change the milk you drink to 1% or Skim Milk.
2. Look for baked potato chips to replace traditional potato chips.
3. Fruit smoothies make a great breakfast – they are fast, easy, and super healthy!
4. When baking you can make these healthy replacements
5. Switch from refined white breads and white flour to products that contain whole grains.
6. Look for low calorie, low sodium, low fat versions of your favorite foods.
7. Try to use fresh or frozen veggies since canned ones are often high in sodium.
8. Use egg substitutes or Egg Whites in recipes
9. Replace salt with low sodium salt or even sea salts
10. Look for alternatives to rich desserts like fruit desserts, frozen yogurt, frozen fruit treats, etc…
She shared a ton of great ideas and I have already been able to put most of the tips Christie gave me to good use! While I still wish there was at least 2 extra hours in the day to do nothing but cook and bake I am learning to better maximize my time in the kitchen and work smarter not harder. I think what I am most thankful for from Christie is the permission to “cook” a frozen meal once a week. I always felt like I was cheating but she convinced me that it was OK. : ) Since my call with Christie, our family has tried two different Bertolli frozen dinners and have really enjoyed them. Each meal was ready in 10 minutes tops and only cost $5.88 from Walmart. What a great tip!
Simple Organized Sanity & The Product Review Place have joined forces to bring you 12 reviews (mine is one of them!) on many of the fabulous organizational features that SOS can offer. Not only that but a #GetOrganized Twitter Party (full of prizes) on May 5, 2010 from 8:30-9:30 pm EST (be sure to RSVP for the Twitter party). Visit the sites below to see all of the reviews and how SOS was able to help 12 women and their families!
Please note: Not all the links may be published yet so check back. The links will appear as their posts are published.
*Organizing for the WAHM: Champagne Living
*Custom Designed Planner Sheet: Thanks, Mail Carrier
*Organizing with kids: Not So Average Mama
*How to be organized on the go: My Four Monkeys
*Weekly Organizational Challenge membership: She Scribes
*Download pass to choose 15 sheets: Life With 5 Monkies
*One Virtual Organizing Session: Guessing All the Way
*Meal Planning Coaching: Beauty 4 Moms
*One time management coaching: Coupon Clippin’ Mommy
*Organizing for the homeschool family: Scraps of Life
*Organizing with ADD/Special Needs kids: Confessions of an Overworked Mom
*Organization for the busy blogger: Moomette’s Magnificents
Buy it: You can purchase an Organizing Your Meal Planning Coaching Session at Simple Organized Sanity for $30
Mandatory Entry Tell me what area of your life you need the most organizational help with (meal planning, office organization, household planning, or anything you need help with!).
- RSVP to the #GetOrganized Twitter party
- Follow Beauty4Moms & SimpleOrganized on Twitter
- Tweet about this giveaway including @Beauty4Moms, @SimpleOrganized and a link to this post (up to once daily)
- Subscribe to email alerts from Beauty4Moms
- Add my button to your blog (leave me a link so I can see the love)
- Enter one of the other Simply Organized Sanity Giveaways listed above (and let me know which ones you entered)
This giveaway will end on May 5, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST. The winner will be drawn via random.org and will be notified via email and will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is chosen. I’m sorry but this giveaway is open to US residents only.
I was given one Meal Planning Coaching Session to facilitate this review. The opinions expressed in this review are completely my own and from my experience working with Christie Love. I didn’t receive any other form of compensation for this review.