These Easter Egg Dippers would be a great recipe for the kids to help out with. Let me know if your family enjoyed this fun recipe. : )
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (10 ounce) package regular marshmallows
- 6 cups KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels or milk chocolate morsels
- 5 teaspoons shortening
- Multi-colored sprinkles
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using 1/4-cup measuring cup coated with cooking spray divide warm cereal mixture into portions. Using buttered hands shape each portion into 2 1/2- x 1 1/2-inch egg shapes. (Or, coat insides of plastic snap-apart Easter eggs with cooking spray. Press cereal mixture into eggs. Remove cereal mixture from plastic eggs.) Cool.
- In small saucepan combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Cook over low heat until melted, stirring constantly. Dip bottoms of cereal eggs into chocolate. Decorate with sprinkles. Place on wax-paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until chocolate is firm. Individually wrap in plastic wrap. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Continue with recipe as directed above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
This kid friendly recipe came from Kellog’s Rice Krispies & AllRecipes.com