This hand stamped charm features cherry blossoms (symbol of a new beginning), two initials, and wedding date. It’s made of fine silver and measures 22 mm (just under an inch around).
1. How was your shop started?
I started this shop because I was getting a lot of business on just the charms over on my cherrycreek.etsy shop and wanted to give them their own home, so to speak.
2. What kind of art are you most into and how do you think that plays into the theme of your shop?
I love vintage anything! I also love photography. I have a combo of all of it in my home and office. I’m not sure that everything in my shop goes with the kind of art that I like and am drawn to but I think at times the charms are vintage inspired. The little personalized ones with names or whatever you want we’re inspired by my almost 5 year old daughter.
3. Which pieces in your store receives the most compliments and why?
I would say the wedding charms – all of them – get the most compliments. The original ones with the beads will be featured in an up coming issue (Aug/Sept 2009) of Modern Bride.
I think they get compliments because they are so different from other ideas that you can use to personalize your wedding, they are just simple and beautiful. I made the original ones for a friends wedding as something person for her for years to come and thought that other brides would like them too.
4. What sorts of signature material’s do you use in your jewelry?
I use fine silver and PMC in most of my charms. PMC is clay that when fired in a kiln at 1650 degrees burns away the binder and leaves fine silver, 99.9%, or pure silver. Fine silver doesn’t tarnish as quickly as sterling silver because it doesn’t contain the copper that sterling does. I like using fine silver because I find I can do more with it and I love the bright white color that fine silver has over sterling.
5. What’s the best message you ever had to engrave for a customer?
I don’t do a lot of messages because most of what I do is so tiny but I love the little names that I get with some of the tiny stamps to make it totally personal for that person or the person that will receive it. I love that I can make something personal and special just for you.
TO WIN: Visit Cherry Creek Charms and choose your favorite item then come back here and leave a comment in this post letting me know what you love.
Remember to make extra comments for each additional entry you gain.
* Tweet Tweet (1 extra)
* Follow on Twitter (1 extra)
* Connect Via Blog Frog (2 extra)
* Kirsty, Digg or Stumble (2 extra for each)
* Grab my button (3 extra)
* Vote for Beauty4Moms as Most Inspiring Blog or Blog You’ve Learned the Most From (3 extra for each – this can be done daily)
* More additional entries will be announced via Twitter so be sure to follow
Contest begins June 1, 2009 and ends June 26, 2009 at 9 P.M. EST. Winner chosen through Random.org. Winner will be announced on Twitter and will be contacted via email. The winner has 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be drawn and you’ll forfeit your prize. One entry per an entry method per person. This giveaway is open to entrants from around the world!