Do you ever wonder how often you should clean something? I sure have! I researched the items I wondered most about and I’m here to share them with you. I hope you’ll enjoy this list. If there is anything you would like to add to just leave me a message in the comments section.
Wash bath towels twice a week.
Loofahs should be washed once a week either in 1) the washing machine, 2) the dishwasher, or 3) two parts water to one part vinegar. Once the loofah has been washed it’s important to dry it with either a hair dryer or in your clothes dryer.
Cell phones should be cleaned daily. Researchers say that there are more germs on the average cell phone than on a public toilet seat. Cell phones are close to your eyes, your mouth, and 30% of viruses can transfer in your body from your fingers. Swipe your phone daily with an antibacterial wipe.
Wash your powder make up brushes four or five times a week in hot water with a dab of baby shampoo, rinse thoroughly, and lay flat to dry. I recommend washing them AT LEAST once a week (Saturdays are my brush cleaning day of choice). If you have a brush you use for liquid foundation wash it daily after use, following the instructions above.
Drip filter coffee makers should be cleaned monthly to remove hard water deposits, leftover coffee oils, and other impurities. Follow these steps for a clean coffee maker:
- – Put a filter into the filter basket as you normally would, pour an entire jar of white vinegar into the pour spot where you usually pour the water and turn the coffee maker “on.”
- – Once all the vinegar drops down into the coffee pot, discard it down your sink drain (it will deodorize your sink!).
- – Run two full pots of water through to make sure you flush out all traces of vinegar.
- – Wash the coffee carafe (glass container) inside and out with hot soapy water.
- – If you have stains or burned coffee spots on the carafe, pour some table salt on them and let them stand for at least an hour or overnight.
- – Check the coffee equipment to see if the smell of vinegar persists and if it does, run more water through the coffee maker.
Clean your humidifier every week to prevent mold and bacteria growth. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to clean your specific brand and model.
You should vacuum once or twice a week. For best results, slowly move the vacuum over the carpet several times.