First let’s look at the background, verse one; tells us that this chapter contains the words of King Lemuel’s mother. We don’t know much about King Lemuel, but he had a good Jewish mother who gave him some really good advice. Because he was royal, and because he was going to take a position of leadership, she told him some things he really needed to know. She gave a few pieces of advice about how to be a good king, how to be a great man, and (what occupied the length of her speech) how to find a good wife. Proverbs 31 paints a lovely portrait of an ideal woman. This woman is priceless. Her worth is far above jewels. King Lemuel’s mother goes on to describe this woman, both physically, mentally, morally, and spiritually.
different country with a different culture but this woman’s God-inspired character still shines brightly through the centuries. I hope you’ll read this list describing a woman who is beautiful in God’s eyes and be inspired. Becoming a Proverbs 31 woman is a life-long goal of mine, I hope it will be yours too!
1. Faith – A Beautiful Woman actively pursues a relationship with Jesus Christ. She serves God with all of her heart, mind, and soul. She desires His will for her life. (Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 31: 29 – 31, Matthew 22: 37, John 14: 15, Psalm 119: 15
2. Marriage – A Beautiful Woman respects her husband. She loves, honors and greatly enriches his life. (Proverbs 31: 11- 12, Proverbs 31: 23, Proverbs 31: 28, 1 Peter 3, Ephesians 5, Genesis2: 18)
3. Mothering – A Beautiful Woman teaches her children the ways of her Father in heaven. She nurtures her children with the love of Christ, disciplines them with care and wisdom, and trains them in the way they should go. (Proverbs 31: 28, Proverbs 31: 26, Proverbs 22: 6, Deuteronomy 6, Luke 18: 16)
4. Health – A Beautiful Woman prepares healthy food for her family. (Proverbs 31: 14 – 15, 1 Corinthians 6: 19)
5. Service – A Beautiful Woman self-sacrificing. She gladly serves her husband, her family, her friends, and her neighbors with a loving spirit. (Proverbs 31: 12, Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20, 1 Corinthians 13: 13)
6. Finances – A Beautiful Woman saves and spends money wisely. She diligently manages the money God has entrusted her with. (Proverbs 31: 14, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31: 18)
7. Industry – A Beautiful Woman works hard and does not complain while completing her tasks. (Proverbs 31: 13, Proverbs 31: 16, Proverbs 31:18, Proverbs 31: 24, Proverbs 31:26, Proverbs 31: 31)
8. Homemaking – A Beautiful Woman is a homemaker. She creates an inviting atmosphere of warmth and love for her family and guests. She uses hospitality to minister to those around her. (Proverbs 31: 15, Proverbs 31: 20 – 22, Proverbs 31: 27, Titus 2: 5, Hebrews 13: 2,1 Peter 4: 9)
9. Time – A Beautiful Woman uses her time wisely. She works diligently to complete her daily tasks. She does not spend time dwelling on those things that displease the Lord. (Proverbs 31: 19, Proverbs 31: 27)
10. Beauty – A Beautiful Woman is a woman of worth and inner beauty that only comes from Christ. She adorns herself with kind speech and a sweet spirit. She clothed herself (& family) in attractive garments. (Proverbs 31: 10, Proverbs 31: 21 – 22)