Bed and breakfast innkeepers around the United States and Canada are honoring US military personnel and veterans by giving them the opportunity to wake up on Veteran’s Day (November 11, 2011) in a bed and breakfast for free. Hundreds of inns are offering a free night’s stay on November 10 for members of the military or veterans and one guest. If you qualify, you can register for your stay at a US inn or at a Canadian inn. Rooms are available on a first-come, first-serve basis and spots are filling up quickly! Although the room is free, you may be asked to give a credit card number to secure the room. Which means you’ll only be charged if you don’t show up. You should be prepared to show your military ID when you arrive at the inn.
Just a few of the inns participating are:
- Plantation Bed and Breakfast in Sequoia National Park, California
- Authentic Inns and Cottages of Pikes Peak In Colorado Springs,Colorado
- Three Graces Manor In Tifton, Georgia
- Hale-Hoola Bed and Breakfast in Captain Cook, Hawaii
- 1847 Blake House Inn Bed and Breakfast in Asheville, North Carolina
- Lawrencefield B&B In Wheeling, West Virginia